Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Assignment 4 part 1

The podcast I created describes a project for a 7th or 8th grade English class. Basically, I want students to write a detailed paraphrase of a monologue of their choice. Then they will enlist the aid of a friend (possibly in the class or a friend from outside the class) to read the Shakespearean monologue one line at a time while the student interpolates their paraphrased text and posts the video on my blog. Also, I want to see that students understand, visually/textually what they are paraphrasing, so they will type (using 2 columns) in Word, the two texts side by side.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun and exciting project! I like how you mix fun (reading the monologue out loud) with a bit more serious work (the parallel text). I think this is a great way to interest students in Shakespeare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I know from personal experience I am awful at understand Shakespeare. Having the students do a project where they are required to not only understand, but "translate" the project will make this project stick even more for the students. I am just bemused for this idea!

    ReplyDelete