Saturday, December 3, 2011

Reflection #8

What? I was having a discussion with the principal of the school I work at, and she was trying to send an email to a friend of mine who was applying for a job. Her keyboard was lagging at first, then was giving out. She was taken aback, and asked me what I  thought the trouble was. Keep in mind, I've spoken to her, maybe 5 times in the 2 years I've worked with her, and I am not doing tech work. Either I look like a techie, or I am just young enough that I must know about computers. So what? I had some ideas, but thought that the principal should know the basics like turning your computer off and on again, disconnecting and reconnecting the device, and even 'call IT or the district office to talk to someone who will know.' Now what? I guess I'll know the basics, and be available to co-workers to help them learn what I know and remain dedicated to knowing the ins and outs of new tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment