Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Assignment 2

In today's presentation, I will be teaching a lesson on living and nonliving things. I will use the pens,the drag and drop tool, the poll tool. http://exchange.smarttech.com/details.html?id=e58b319b-deca-4345-933c-f9f8f2ef9706

NETS
for students:
4.Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making


c

.
collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions

In this lesson, students are given some data and asked to think logically and apply that data to make a rational decision as to  whether an object is living or nonliving.

for teachers:
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity


a.promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.

In this lesson, the teacher will model the use of technology to practice and think outside the box. The teacher will use a variety of SMART functions to keep kids creative, and show them how to use different methods to draw the same conclusion. 


In a future classroom, It would be awesome to have personal screens, so that everyone could do the same activities. If that is improbable, then having personal whiteboards could help. I am a big fan of audio. A good way to engage a classroom is to play an audio clip or book on tape, the   SMART board is a great way to utilize sound, visual, and community learning techniques. 


In the presentation I added a slide onto the end which used pictures and a poll (even if I didn't us it effectively). Also, I cut out a few slides and rearranged some to a better flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment