Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Digital Natives Article
Smacked? Really? Smacked of Education? I wonder if that was a type-o? I would mostly agree with this article, but I don't think it's really as confusing as the author makes it out to be. The next generation of kids are ingrained with tech. The last generation had fairly little tech naturally ingrained in them. My generation, however, is the bridge. When I am a teacher, and the other members of my cohort, we will be able to work with experienced teachers and new students to evaluate what is and isn't working in the implementation of technology. For example, i love books and still believe that literature and story through writing is a vital lesson to teach. That is something I share with the experienced teachers. I also love television programs and computer games, and think that they are a new and exciting way to learn. Hopefully, when the teachers in my generation get into schools, we will have the courage and the respect to be pioneers for technological progress but temper it with good old fashioned human interaction, and interaction with other methods of learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steph,
ReplyDeleteI love your way of putting the fact that our generation is the bridge between the gap of non technology users and those who have used technology their whole lives. I also agree with you that when we do get into the real world of teaching we are going to have experience that neither one of these two sides have. We have lived in both the world of our childhood with little to no technology in our schools, and the world today where there is a class for future teachers to take of how to use technology in the classroom. And also I don't believe that was a typeo, I think he just liked the word. :P