Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Week 4 Post
This week, learned that SMART boards can be a useful tool for engaging a classroom, but you have to know how to use it effectively. It can be easier just to stand at the board and push all the buttons yourself, but that is dangerous for classroom management because your poor students will just have to watch you do all the fun stuff,and they will tune you out. I am still interested to find out more about how to create my own SMART board presentation from scratch. Could this possibly be used as a tool during a stations activity? I could put a game up on the board and let students rotate and have a chance to use it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you're spot-on to highlight the need to be careful with the use of smartboards regarding classroom management. Students may be interested in seeing the cool graphics that the teacher can present, but they will have much more fun participating in a hands on way. Also, I really like your idea to use the smartboard in a stations activity!
ReplyDeleteBeth